Hotels, apartment complexes, bars and other establishments are required to provide a safe environment for their clients. This is the foundation of premises liability laws. The Connecticut lawyers at Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC, are committed to representing people whose injuries occurred because a business failed to provide adequate security.
Contact us to learn how we can help you recover compensation for your injuries from this type of premises liability action. Our accomplished negligent security lawyers are accessible online or by calling us at 203-285-3593 or toll free 866-530-7228 for a free initial consultation.
Representing Injured People Across Connecticut
- Negligent security: Inadequate lighting or negligent security can result in violent crimes such as rape, battery, assault and even death. Our firm is committed to representing people who have been injured as a result of inadequate security. We have significant experience working with victims to show that property owners and property managers knew (or should have known) that patrons could be injured or assaulted and failed to provide additional security.
- Assault and sexual assault: To show that inadequate security contributed to a rape, assault, shooting or stabbing, it is usually necessary to show that a business owner knew, or should have known, that failure to provide security guards, adequate lighting, security cameras or properly secured premises could result in injury. We understand how to develop negligent security cases and present them to juries. Our firm's objective is to ensure our clients have the resources to recover from the physical, emotional and financial injuries caused by inadequate safety provisions.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: If you are facing a slip-and-fall accident, you need to contact one of our attorneys. Often, these cases arise because of the conditions of the premises. Sometimes, snow and ice that has not been cleared away cause problems. Contact our law firm for more information.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning: This may occur because of faulty equipment that is not up to code. Contact our attorneys for more information about how we proceed in these cases.
- Dog bites: If you were bitten by a dog and seriously injured, you need to speak with an attorney to determine if you have a case. Contact our law firm; we will analyze your situation.
- Defective stairwell: If you or a loved one fell down the stairs or sustained an injury from stairs that were not properly cared for or maintained, you need to speak with an attorney as soon as possible.
- Building code violation: There are specific building codes that need to be upheld to ensure that buildings are safe for individuals. There are rules about staircases, elevators and public areas in general. If you were injured because building codes were ignored or violated, you need to speak with an attorney.
- Elevator/escalator accident: As a part of everyday life, elevators and escalators make our lives easier. We trust that they will work. If you were injured because of a poorly maintained elevator or escalator, you need to speak with an attorney.
- Other accidents: There are a number of other accidents that we handle, including swimming pool accidents, spa and hot tub accidents, trampoline accidents, swing set accidents, sports injuries and golf injuries.
Contact Our Firm | Get Your Questions Answered
If you need the help of a premises liability attorney, please contact Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC, in North Haven, Connecticut, for a free initial consultation. Our firm can be reached by phone toll free at 866-530-7228, at 203-285-3593 or by email.