PLEASE NOTE: In order to best serve our clients, our office will remain open for business. To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients and prospective clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or through video conferencing.

Were You Ticketed After Being Hit By A Car?

| Jun 10, 2016 | Firm News

You’re crossing the street or jogging down the road when a negligent driver strikes and injures you. It seems ridiculous to be given a ticket when you are the victim, but unfortunately it happens all the time to pedestrians in Connecticut.

It’s frustrating to be blamed for someone else’s negligence. This post may be useful to you if you or a loved one was given a ticket after being hit by a car.

Adding Insult To Injury

After some pedestrian accidents, the police get a report from a car or truck driver but fail to get the pedestrian’s side of the story. This adds insult to injuries that may be serious, debilitating and financially troublesome for the victim. The good news is that you can fight a municipal ticket, which may be inadmissible in a civil case against a negligent driver anyway.

If a law enforcement officer gave you a ticket for violating a Connecticut crosswalk law after you were hurt at an intersection or on a street, you should understand your legal rights since drivers are required to yield to pedestrians in many situations. You should talk to an attorney who can protect your interests, even if you allegedly crossed the street against a “Don’t Walk” sign or stoplight.

Get Help With Your Injuries

Being hurt is expensive and disruptive to you and your family. The most important, urgent need is proper medical care. Get the care you need, right away. Get tested if you think you experienced a concussion or if your neck or back are hurting you.

Once your medical needs have been attended to, contact a personal injury lawyer who understands pedestrian accidents. Speak to a firm that can get you the compensation you need to cover your medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering and other damages and losses.



Let Us Help You

Request A FREE Consultation.