Wrongful Death And Fatal Accidents
The unexpected death of a loved one can be a traumatic and frightening experience. When that death was caused by someone else’s careless, negligent or intentional actions, the lawyers at Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC, in North Haven, Connecticut, have experience and compassion to help you recover compensation for your catastrophic loss.
We understand that no lawsuit, settlement or verdict can replace the loss of a loved one. Wrongful death claims, however, can help families better understand what went wrong that led to the loss of their family member. When an entity, business, individual or other wrongdoer negligently causes the death of one of our Connecticut neighbors, our lawyers are well-equipped to fight for justice. Holding wrongdoers accountable for the terrible harm they have caused is important after a wrongful death. Families are often financially devastated after the loss of a loved one. We fight to maximize compensation to help families restore stability and move forward after a devastating loss.
Fatal accidents can occur across the spectrum of our practice areas, including:
- Accidents on the property of others: Negligent security in apartment complexes, slip-and-fall accidents and other premises liability issues can lead to fatal accidents.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Fatal car or truck accidents can occur on the highway, in parking lots and on residential streets throughout Connecticut.
- Fatalities due to medical mistakes: Medical negligence at any level can result in tragic consequences, whether in the hospital, in general diagnostic care or mistakes that may arise in nursing homes.
- Construction site accidents: When third parties on a construction site are negligent, fatal accidents can occur.
- Accidents involving dangerous products: The failure to warn of dangers, as well as defects in products, may lead to fatal accidents involving tools, household goods or any other type of dangerous product in the marketplace.
Our lawyers have successfully handled wrongful death lawsuits resulting from a variety of causes, including car accidents, trucking accidents, construction accidents and drunk driving accidents. We understand than no amount of compensation can make up for the loss of a family member. However, we also know that there are significant emotional and financial consequences to losing a member of a family, especially if they are the major earner.
Our attorneys have an in-depth understanding of Connecticut’s wrongful death statute. We take the time to help our clients understand the law and work closely with them to help us determine equitable compensation. We take into consideration issues such as medical bills, funeral expense, lost income, loss of inheritance, loss of companionship and punitive damages.
Working With Families
We recognize that the loss of a loved one is a painful, emotional experience. Therefore, our lawyers strive to resolve wrongful death litigation prior to trial. However, we prepare every case for trial, and our lawyers have had a number of significant verdicts in wrongful death cases.
If you need a trial lawyer to handle a wrongful death lawsuit, please contact Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC, in Greater New Haven, Connecticut, for a free initial consultation. Our firm can be reached by phone at toll free 866-530-7228, 203-285-3593, or by filling out the intake form on our Contact page.