Boating Accidents: Injuries And Drowning Deaths
Boat and watercraft accidents occur with almost as much frequency as car and motorcycle crashes or trucking accidents. Whether someone is injured or killed in a recreational boating accident on waterways such as the Connecticut River, Thames River or while working aboard vessels in Long Island Sound, it is essential that you speak with an attorney who understands the complex nature of this specialized area of the law.
Located in North Haven, Connecticut, a boating accident attorney at Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC, is prepared to represent you in your personal injury or wrongful death claim. We work quickly to investigate the incident and determine who is liable for your injuries or loss. Our skilled lawyers work with experts in marine engineering, medicine, finance and life planning to establish exact causes and injuries, and the full impact on your life. We are committed to helping victims and their families obtain just compensation for medical expense, lost wages, future health care needs and pain and suffering caused by the negligent actions of others.
Strong Representation For Victims And Their Families
Contact us online or call our firm at 203-896-4631 to receive a free initial consultation and honest assessment of your case. We accept all vehicle accident cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning clients pay no legal fees unless or until they collect compensation for their injury or loss. We have successfully represented clients in marine and recreational watercraft injury and death cases involving:
- Boating accidents involving collisions with other boats or docks, hitting people in the water, DUI, wakeboarding injuries, Jet Ski, or water skiing accidents resulting in injuries, dismemberment or death
- Personal watercraft accidents, including paddle boats, sail boats, personal water craft, motor boats, jet boats, Jet Ski injuries and other small watercraft collisions with substantial injuries
- Other vessel accidents, including children falling from cruise ships and assaults by cruise vessel staff or other passengers, explosions or fires, capsizing and other injury events
- Maritime worker accidents covered under the Jones Act and Longshoreman’s Act, and death on the high seas involving clients working aboard ships and vessels at sea, or ashore in and around vessel operations
- Drowning accidents involving the pursuit of wrongful death claims relating to a beachfront, amusement park, water park, waterslides and swimming pools
Experienced And Recognized
With our extensive experience in marine and boating accident cases involving local lakes, rivers, coastal area, and deaths on the high seas, we accept referral cases from other firms and attorneys. Our lawyers are licensed to practice in Connecticut state and federal courts, as well as the U.S. Supreme Court.
We have helped address many cases resulting in multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements and are recognized by our peers because of it. James G. Williams has earned the AV Preeminent rating, and Kevin P. Walsh and Michael F. O’Connor have earned the BV Distinguished rating by Martindale-Hubbard’s peer review rating system.* We are prepared to advocate for your best interests.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.