When People Are Injured At Private Swimming Pools
Each year in Connecticut, hundreds of people are seriously injured in water-related accidents. Some of these accidents occur at privately owned swimming pools. The owners of these pools bear certain responsibilities regarding the safety of those on their premises.
If you or a family member was seriously injured in or around someone else’s swimming pool, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income and/or other damages.
What The Law Says
Under the guidelines of the State Building Code of Connecticut, all outdoor swimming pools must be enclosed with a barrier. Public pools are regulated by the Connecticut Public Health Code, and in many instances, towns have enacted their own regulatory requirements for pools. The Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act is a federal law that prohibits the manufacture, sale or distribution of suction outlets and covers that are not compliant with ASME/ANSI standards. Thus, pools are regulated at the local, state and national level, so it is important to hire a lawyer knowledgeable in the many laws affecting pool safety.
Talk To The Attorneys Of , & , LLC
The attorneys of , & , LLC, a service-oriented firm in North Haven, Connecticut, can help you understand your rights and options regarding an accident at a private pool. We have an in-depth understanding of the issues related to:
- Falls on wet or slippery poolside surfaces
- Injuries in hot tubs (Jacuzzis), spas and saunas
- Injuries to children at pools
- Accidents that happen on slides and recreational equipment
- Swimmers who hit their heads on the bottoms or sides of pools
- Unsupervised swimming pools and unsafe swimming environments
- Swimming accidents at private clubs
- The role alcohol and drugs play in some accidents
- Insurance coverage related to recreational injuries
- Wrongful death and fatal accident cases
Our lawyers and staff are knowledgeable and compassionate. Founding attorney Jim has more than 30 years of experience in the area of personal injury law.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
Every residential pool injury case is different. You deserve answers to your questions. Contact us to discuss your injury matter.