Connecticut Car Accidents: Get Your Questions Answered

The attorneys at Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC, have extensive experience handling car accident cases in Connecticut. While every client’s situation is unique, over our years of practice we have noticed some frequently asked questions about car accidents. We understand that you will have questions after a serious car accident. We have answers.

From our office near New Haven, Connecticut, we are committed to helping our clients through the personal injury claim process. Whether that involves answering your legal questions or representing your interests in the courtroom, we will provide you with the experienced advocacy you need after a car accident.

For straightforward advice about your car accident claim, contact us online or call 203-285-3593 or 866-530-7228 for a free initial consultation.

I Just Got Into A Car Accident. What Do I Do?

Immediately after an accident, it is important that you:

  • Seek medical attention for any injuries as soon as possible.
  • Call the police and be sure to provide as much detail about the accident as possible to the officer for his or her report.
  • Collect the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
  • Take photos of the scene and your injuries.
  • Do not speak to another driver’s insurance company without legal advice.

If your injuries were the result of another’s negligence, you should contact an attorney about your case. You may have a personal injury claim against the negligent parties who caused your injuries.

How Much Compensation Can I Expect From A Car Accident?

The amount of compensation you can expect will depend on the extent of your injuries. In general, you can secure compensation to help you cover medical expenses and lost wages. In a personal injury claim, you can also claim damages for your pain and suffering.

How Much Does An Attorney Cost?

At our firm, we handle cases on a contingency basis. This means that you will not owe any attorney’s fees unless we secure compensation in your case.

What If The Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?

Your own insurance will provide compensation in the event that you are injured in an accident with an uninsured driver or in a hit-and-run accident. This type of coverage is required in Connecticut. You can also purchase additional coverage as part of your policy. Our attorneys can review your policy and help you handle insurance issues.

What Do I Do If An Insurance Adjuster Calls?

Do not speak to the insurance company without first speaking to a lawyer. Insurance companies are not looking out for your best interests. Instead, they are looking out for their bottom line. A lawyer can help you understand the value of your claim and handle insurance issues for you.

Contact Us About Dealing With Insurance Claims And Other Issues

For experienced representation after a car accident, contact Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC. Call our auto collision attorneys at 203-285-3593 or toll free at 866-530-7228.

Let Us Help You

Request A FREE Consultation.