When Drunk And Distracted Drivers Hit Cyclists
Bicyclists have a right to ride on public roadways. Motorists need to give bicyclists the same right of way that they would give to other vehicles. Motorists contribute to crashes when they:
- Turn left in front of bicyclists
- Turn right in front of bicyclists
- Fail to yield at stop or yield signs
- Open car doors into paths of bicyclists
- Fail to yield when entering roadways from driveways
- Fail to allow three feet of separation when passing bicyclists
A Bicyclist’s Nightmare
It’s a bicyclist’s nightmare: A drunk or distracted driver, seemingly oblivious to what’s happening on the road, plows into you as you are exercising or traveling on your bike. That person’s poor judgment can cost you your life or leave you with debilitating, life-altering injuries.
Even with high public awareness of its dangers, drunk driving is still common in Connecticut. And distracted driving — which can involve operating a motor vehicle while texting, accessing the internet or being otherwise occupied with a mobile device — kills and injures many people each day. You or a family member may be one of these people.
Protecting The Rights Of The Injured | Holding Negligent Drivers Accountable
The lawyers at , & , LLC, have extensive experience with serious car and bike accidents. For more than 30 years, attorneys with the firm have been protecting the rights of injured cyclists and pedestrians and their families. We can help you answer important questions like:
- What does Connecticut law say about my legal rights as an injured biker or pedestrian?
- How much compensation am I entitled to receive?
- How long will it take to resolve my case?
- Will I have to testify in court?
- Will the negligent driver be charged with a crime or have his or her license taken away?
- How will my medical bills get paid while the lawsuit is pending?
- How do I proceed with a claim related to a fatal accident?
- Why shouldn’t I talk to the driver’s insurance company about the accident?
- Does it help if I take pictures of the accident scene?
Talk To , & , LLC | We Offer A Free Consultation
Your accident case is unique. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer about your questions and concerns. Contact , & , LLC, for a free, confidential consultation.