One-On-One Legal Help For The Victims Of Devastating Car Wrecks
If you or someone you care about was hurt in a crash with a negligent motorist, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. At the law office of Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC, in New Haven, our attorneys represent clients who have been seriously injured in car crashes and other motor vehicle accidents.
Our lawyers have significant experience handling car accident and wrongful death cases. They will help you seek maximum compensation to cover both economic and noneconomic damages, ensuring that you have enough money to move forward with your life with financial security. A few of the injury claims our team commonly handles for our clients involve:
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Partial or full paralysis
When clients come to our office after a serious auto accident, they work with one of our experienced attorneys throughout the duration of their case. This ensures that the same lawyer is handling a case from its inception to its completion. No matter what type of car accident you have survived, our team has the skills and experience necessary to seek the best results possible on your behalf.
What To Know About Auto Accidents In Connecticut
Car accidents are one of the leading causes of serious injuries in New Haven County and throughout the state of Connecticut. According to the Federal Highway Administration’s data for 2020 (the most recent set of data), traffic accidents caused 1,304 serious injuries. Tragically, research shows that there were 295 fatal accidents in the state that year. This puts the rate of serious injuries due to car crashes at 4.37 per 100 million people. The rate of fatal car accidents per 100 million people is 0.99. These figures are disturbing, to say the least. Any driver, passenger, pedestrian or bicyclist – no matter how careful – could suffer a devastating or fatal injury due to another party’s negligence any day on the road.
The Answers You Need To The Questions You Have
It is normal to have a plethora of questions after experiencing a car accident. Fortunately, our team members have the knowledge to answer them for you. You can begin here, where we have answered a few of our clients’ frequently asked questions.
How much is my claim worth?
The value of a car accident claim varies from accident to accident, person to person. There may be multiple economic and noneconomic losses suffered. Economic damages may include lost wages and property damages. Noneconomic damages may include pain and suffering, physical injury, life expectancy, disability and more.
How long will my case take?
It depends. Before starting the negotiation process, it is essential to know what the value of the claim will be. This can’t be determined until the injured party is at the peak of their improvement. At that time, it will be possible to determine what the injured party’s physical state will likely be in the future. To ensure that the full impact of the injury is understood and accounted for, it is not uncommon for the claims process to last a year or more.
What is the statute of limitations for a Connecticut car accident claim?
You have two years from the date of the accident to pursue a personal injury claim.
Do I really need a lawyer?
Yes; you should seek legal representation as soon as possible following an accident. The earlier you contact a lawyer, the sooner they can begin collecting evidence to support your claim and building a case on your behalf. Over time, evidence becomes less reliable. Tire marks fade. Fluid spills evaporate. Witness accounts become less clear. That is why it is important for you to reach out to Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC, immediately.
Our personal injury attorneys have the experience and knowledge to untangle even the most complex issues and questions. Please talk to us about your concerns.
Our Team Has Handled Claims Involving All Kinds Of Car Crashes
There are many different types of collision cases we can help with. Our New Haven accident attorneys have helped several different clients in the past that suffered injuries resulting from the following:
- Head-on collisions: Head-on collisions are some of the most dangerous accidents due to the speed and force of impact.
- Hit-and-runs: After a hit-and-run injury, learn about your legal rights and options. Even if you do not know the identity of the driver, victims may still be eligible for compensation. It is important to determine whether your own car insurance policy includes coverage for uninsured/underinsured car crashes. Our team represents pedestrians as well as car drivers who have been injured in hit-and-run accidents.
- Intersection accidents: A number of factors may contribute to an intersection accident. They often result in serious injuries due to the nature of a side-impact collision. Whether your accident was caused due to a red light violation, a left-turn accident or a right-of-way violation, it is important to take prompt legal action to learn about your options.
- Rollover accidents: Rollovers are among the most fatal and disabling accidents. In this type of accident, a vehicle and its occupants go through a dangerous somersault in which the drivers and passengers are at risk of a roof-collapse crushing as well as ejection from the vehicle or injuries from loose objects within the vehicle. Rollovers are not always caused by negligent motorists. Sometimes, these catastrophic accidents result from tire failure or defective mechanical parts. During our attorneys’ investigation, they will discover whether product liability played a role in your accident.
- Chain reaction collisions: A simple rear-end accident can result in a chain reaction collision affecting a number of vehicles. In a chain reaction collision, you may be struck more than once. When multiple vehicles are involved in a car accident, it can be difficult to sort out who is at fault and work through complex insurance issues involving several different insurance companies. Sometimes, more than one driver is at fault.
Our motor vehicle accident attorneys will launch a thorough investigation into the accident. Working with accident reconstructionists and other specialists, they will determine the precise cause of the accident and identify liability. They have obtained a number of significant verdicts in auto accident cases throughout the state.
Contact Us To Discuss Your Injury In A Free Consultation
If you had an automobile accident and wish to speak to a personal injury attorney, please contact Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC, for a free initial consultation. You can reach our firm by phone at 203-896-4631 or send us an email.