Nursing Home Negligence And Abuse
Trusting a nursing home with a loved one is a big decision for any family. When that trust is breached, and you discover your loved one has been the victim of nursing home negligence, the pain and guilt can be overwhelming. It is important that you remove your loved one from that environment and make sure they seek proper medical treatment. It is also imperative that you seek out an attorney who can help you hold the institution responsible for its actions.
Throughout Connecticut, people seek out the law firm of , & , LLC, because of our experience helping families recover compensation when their relatives are victims of nursing home negligence. We have been approved by the AARP legal group and have worked with other national organizations when it comes to representing the elderly. We have also represented adult communities, assisted living facilities and senior housing centers.
Experienced Attorneys For Nursing Home Neglect
Our New Haven area personal injury lawyers can help you pursue compensation for any injuries your loved ones have suffered such as:
- Falls resulting in fractures, broken bones, spinal cord injuries or brain injuries [Link to Traumatic Brain Injury]
- Bed sores or infections due to prolonged lapses in direct contact from medical and care professionals
- Abuse such as beatings or sexual assault by fellow residents or staff
- Medication errors by staff or medical professionals
- Injuries resulting from Hoyer lifts, restraints, transferring from bed to wheelchair
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- Management of infections as well as if sepsis develops from mismanagement of any condition
- Wrongful death
We can also help you if nursing home negligence has resulted in injuries sustained from a loved one wandering off or being assaulted due to negligent security on the grounds of the facility. We are intimately familiar with Connecticut’s legislation concerning a patient’s bill of rights and we will prove examples of how the facility’s failings violated these protections. We are also well-versed in elder law and we will use applicable statutes for your case when necessary.
Contact Us | Free Consultation
Let us help you hold the negligent parties responsible and recover compensation for your loved one. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to see how we can help you. We offer night and evening appointments at our office.