Aggressive DWI Defense
Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC, in North Haven, Connecticut, is perhaps best known for our personal injury and wrongful death law practice. We also exercise our well-honed advocacy skills in defending people who have been charged with DWI/DUI (drunk driving). We zealously defend the legal rights of defendants in DWI/DUI cases.
For a free initial consultation and detailed assessment of your situation after you have been arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, contact the DWI/DUI defense attorneys at Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC.
Keep Your Driving Privileges | Prevent A Criminal Record
Our New Haven, Connecticut-area law firm will fight on your behalf after you have been charged with DWI/DUI. We understand how best to advocate for you in light of your urgent and long-term needs:
- Keep or restore your driver’s license
- Get out of jail or stay out of jail
- Fight for reduction of charges
- Prevent future complications of a criminal record
Keys to a successful DWI/DUI defense after your drunk driving arrest may include the following:
- Challenge to the traffic stop: Did law enforcement have probable cause to stop you and evaluate you for intoxication?
- Challenge to the Breathalyzer results: Was the machine that was used to test your breath properly maintained and calibrated?
- Challenge to the appropriateness of field sobriety tests: Was intoxication the only reasonable explanation for your inability to walk a straight line in the dark with a flashlight shining in your eyes?
Protecting Our Clients’ Rights
Our drunk driving defense lawyers are prepared to take steps necessary to protect your rights through all phases and aspects of your DUI case, including the administrative hearing related to your driving privileges and the criminal aspect of your DWI charges.
Under Connecticut law, your driver’s license can be suspended if you refuse to take a breath test. Our lawyers can represent you in administration hearings related to a refusal.
Contact Us | The Consultation Is Free And Confidential
Discuss your situation with an experienced Connecticut DWI defense lawyer, with no obligation. We offer free initial consultations, and welcome your inquiry by phone or by email through this website.
Some of our DWI/DUI defense lawyers have received AV Preeminent or BV Distinguished ratings from Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system.* All are licensed to practice in all Connecticut state and federal courts, as well as the U.S. Supreme Court.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.