Motorcycle Accidents And Your Legal Rights
No one knows better than a victim of a serious accident that “life is not fair.” And few vehicle accident victims know better than motorcycle accident victims that the personal injury justice system often seems unfair.
From automobile drivers to insurance claims adjusters to judges and juries, those who hear arguments for compensation for the motorcycle accident victim all too often carry prejudices and biases such as the following:
- “You should know that riding a motorcycle is inherently dangerous. You took a risk and lost.”
- “I (the driver of the car in the accident) ‘didn’t see’ the motorcycle that was ‘weaving in and out of traffic,’ until it was too late.”
- “You failed to purchase additional insurance that would have covered your injuries more completely.”
Motorcyclists have heard them all before, and so have our New Haven area attorneys at Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC. We vigorously represent motorcycle accident victims — most of whom operate their bikes legally on roadways and obey highway safety rules.
What Crash Scenarios Do We See Frequently?
Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC, helps injured cyclists and their families, fighting for maximum compensation for injuries and losses. Our firm frequently sees a number of motorcycle accident scenarios:
- Motorcyclists who are thrown from their bikes and experience broken bones, head trauma and/or spinal cord injury after being struck by a car or truck
- Bikers who are cut off by motorists who say they didn’t see the motorcycle
- Accidents caused by truckers and commercial drivers who didn’t see the biker or failed to maintain a safe speed or distance from other vehicles
- Cars and trucks running a red light or stop sign
- Motorcycle riders who are killed by drunk drivers and distracted drivers
If you or a family member was hurt in a motorcycle accident, there are several steps you can take to safeguard your health and protect your rights. Make sure you obtain proper medical care. Do not talk to the negligent driver’s insurance company. Get legal advice if you think you have a case.
Experienced Injury Lawyers Who Can Advocate For You
If you were injured or if a family member died as a result of a motorcycle accident in Connecticut, please contact Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC, to schedule a consultation with an attorney. We will discuss the accident, the injuries and the future, and explore your legal options for obtaining the compensation that you need and deserve to cover losses and expenses such as the following:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Adaptive equipment such as wheelchairs and vans
- Home remodeling if that is necessary to accommodate the victim’s disabilities
- Lost wage replacement
- Pain and suffering
- The victim’s wife’s or husband’s losses
- Funeral expenses
- The victim’s pain and suffering prior to death
- Loss of future income
- Loss of accrued benefits
- Loss of companionship
Motorcycle accidents very often result in catastrophic injuries such as broken bones, spinal cord injuries or head injuries. Along with the injuries come legal confusion and financial headaches. If you have suffered a head injury or if a loved one was injured or killed due to a head injury in a motorcycle accident, contact us.
Our firm has represented numerous clients injured in motor vehicle accidents. Each attorney at our firm brings years of knowledge and experience to every case. Our attorneys are prepared to zealously pursue your claim. We are known for personalized service and attention to detail. We have a track record that speaks to our ability to handle your personal injury or wrongful death claim.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys have been recognized by our peers for their experience and success in the field. James G. Williams has earned the AV Preeminent rating, and Kevin P. Walsh and Michael F. O’Connor have earned the BV Distinguished rating by Martindale- Hubbell’s peer review rating system.*
We can answer your questions about motorcycle accidents in the state of Connecticut such as:
- How do you prove that the other driver was at fault?
- Are certain types of injuries worth specific amounts to an insurance company?
- Why should I avoid talking to the other driver’s insurance company?
- Will I need to go to court to get proper compensation?
- How much compensation should I expect?
- What steps do I need to take if I lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident?
- What should I look for in a motorcycle accident attorney?
- How will I cover the medical bills related to the accident?
Our lawyers are licensed to practice in Connecticut state and federal courts, up to the U.S. Supreme Court. We have helped our clients obtain multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts. We will be glad to consider your motorcycle accident, bicycle accident or pedestrian accident case.
Talk To Us | The Consultation Is Free
Contact Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, LLC, in North Haven, Connecticut, for a free consultation. Our legal team offers evening and weekend appointments for your convenience.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.