Help With A Serious Accident On A Connecticut Highway
A highway accident can be life-changing. From injury rehabilitation and lost wages to the loss of someone you love, the aftermath of a motor vehicle crash can be heartbreaking and frustrating. You may have started looking for an attorney to help you handle the legal aspects of this difficult experience. Our firm can help you find the answers you need.
If you or someone in your family was hurt in an accident on a Connecticut highway, the New Haven law firm of Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, & , LLC, can assist you, at the very least by discussing the accident with you and explaining what options you have for moving forward.
Types Of Accidents We Handle
Our lawyers have 30 years of experience representing car accident victims and their families, helping them obtain maximum compensation and the strongest possible sense of closure. We have handled cases involving:
- Accidents on Interstate 95/the Connecticut Turnpike
- Crashes on the Merritt Parkway and other parts of Route 15
- Serious injuries on Interstate 91 and Interstate 84
- Accidents on the Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge (the “Q Bridge”)
- Truck accidents and injuries caused by commercial vehicle drivers
- Motorcycle accidents on freeways, roads and streets
- Pedestrians who were struck by cars or trucks
- Bicyclists who were hit by motorists
- Drunk and drug-impaired drivers whose irresponsibility hurt others
- Motorists who were texting and driving
- Drivers from other states who were involved in accidents while traveling through Connecticut
Accidents On The Connecticut Turnpike
The Connecticut Turnpike, signed as Interstate 95, Interstate 395, Governor John Davis Lodge Turnpike and other names, serves millions of motorists traveling each year from New York and New England and across southern and eastern Connecticut. Some of these motorists are injured because of the negligence of other drivers.
It can be difficult to know how to proceed after a serious accident, especially if you have medical needs or you lost a loved one. Our lawyers can help you understand your options for resolving your case as smoothly as possible. If you are entitled to compensation for hospital bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, wrongful death or other damages, we can help you make sure you receive full compensation.
Were You Hurt On I-91 Or I-84?
Over the years, scores of people have lost their lives on Interstate 91 and Interstate 84. Countless others have been catastrophically injured on these Connecticut highways. Drivers and passengers injured by the negligent actions of motorists have the right to compensation for their injuries and losses. That’s where our firm can help.
Serious Injuries On The Merritt Parkway (Route 15)
The Merritt Parkway (part of Route 15) is one of Connecticut’s best known roads. It is also one of the region’s most dangerous highways. Many people are injured on the Merritt, the Wilbur Cross Parkway and the Berlin Turnpike, in part because of their antiquated design:
- The exit ramps are short and ill-equipped to handle decelerating vehicles, which leads to frequent rear-end collisions on ramps.
- As a two-lane road, the Merritt becomes backed up when an accident occurs.
- There is an inadequate shoulder on many stretches, which makes it impossible for motorists to pull over, away from traffic.
- Deer and other animals frequent the more inland sections of the Merritt, leading to additional hazards.
Because of these dangers, drivers on Route 15 must be particularly careful to avoid accidents. There is a lower threshold for negligent or careless driving, as anyone familiar with the road can attest.
Contact Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, & , LLC, For A Free Consultation
The attorneys of Williams, Walsh & O'Connor, & , LLC, represent drivers and passengers who were hurt on highways throughout Connecticut. We help our clients obtain the maximum compensation to which they are entitled.
Every case is different. Please feel free to talk to us about your injury matter. We offer a free consultation to injury victims and their families.